Friday, June 7, 2013

How Time Flies

I didn't do a lot today. Life has been so busy with the end of school activities and projects that I took a day to sit and scrap. Not that my house couldn't have benefitted from me doing some cleaning or the yard, which resembles more of a jungle than a yard right now, could use some major trimming, but  not today.  Instead I scrapped.

Now when I scrap I don't think ahead of what photos I'm going to use.  Today I needed to do a layout for one of the creative teams I'm on and the kit (Will you marry me? by Edeline Marta Designs) was a bit challenging because I didn't have any wedding photos to scrap. But the sentiment of Now and Forever made me think of the love I feel for my children, so I dug out a photo of them just over 1 month old to use. I think it worked well with the kit, don't you?


Then later, after dinner I decided to take on a challenge by the 30inJune group at  Two Peas in a Bucket which listed today's challenge as scraplifting a layout made by one of the Two Peas Garden Girls (layout designers).  So I chose a layout made quite awhile ago by Shimelle Laine because the design worked well with the photo I took last night as the boys were heading off to play in their last band concert at their middle school. They were dressed in their tux shirts, blue bowties and cumberbunds looking mighty grown up and handsome for 14 years old.


 Then it dawned on me, that I had scrapped photos of the boys shortly after birth and now 14 years later...my how time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment