Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sometimes it's hard to be Santa

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be Santa? Two Peas this week challenged us to create a page from Santa's perspective. It's good to know that documenting one of my boys' earlier visits to Santa that took over 2 hours wasn't done in vain. This challenge was perfect for this Christmas memory.


Text reads: It started like any other day. They had waited in line for at least 30 minutes in the cold. They had watched numerous other kids come in and leave. They peeked at me through the window. When they walked in, I greeted the twins with a big smile and a hearty, "Ho Ho Ho" and invited them to come and tell me what they wanted for Christmas. That's when PANIC set in, as Noah screamed "Noooo!" His brother, Owen clung to Mom. So she walked them around Santa's house, pointing out the tree, the presents, the fireplace. They weren't convinced. So Mom set up snack. Then the boys played and snuck peeks at me over their shoulders. Time went on...lots of time...2 hours of time. Mom was very patience. Finally the boys agreed to sit on the bench, but didn't want me anywhere around them. Just as they were distracted by the lady at the camera, I jumped in behind them to get in the picture. Oh, somedays it's hard to be Santa. But once done, Noah gleefully grabbed his hard won candy cane and off they went. I so needed a nap.


So on your next visit to Santa, give him a wink ( or slip him a gift certificate to Starbucks) to thank him for his endurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment