Sunday, November 8, 2009

Plastic Makes Perfect

I spent several hours over this weekend on this layout. It exemplifies my inner most need to be perfect. I wanted to practice some techniques I haven't done very much. I wanted to bend my photos. I wanted to extract the sax and Owen's arm to look like it was coming out of the frames. This took several different efforts before I settled on one, even though it isn't perfect. Nothing ever is...Perfection is an illusion, really. A goal which when pursued often results in procrastination rather than completion, at least in my case. I had a deadline albeit a self imposed one to finish this for National Digital Scrapbooking Day. So when I was reviewing some notes to self about ideas to scrap I ran across the story of Owen's speech challenges and how it always tickled me when he'd say "plastic' whenever he meant "practice". So with that story in mind, I went on a hunt for a photo of something Owen practices, in this case, his saxophone. He no longer mispronounces the word "practice" but for me, the adage "Plastic makes Perfect" will always be a special inside joke in our family. Don't tell him I told you.



1 comment: