Friday, November 6, 2009

Relish those memories

Did you ever have something in your life, that the moment you see it, it brings back a flood of happy memories? Well the book, "The Pokey Little Puppy" does that for me. I found this little book at my grandma's house when I was about 4 years old and every week when my mom and I walked to town to pay bills in person, we'd visit grandma and wait for my dad to come pick us up after work. I read this book over and over; a simple story of a little michievious puppy who didn't always follow the rules but like to go out and explore his world. I loved this book. But what I love most, is it reminds me of my grandma. She was an amazing woman, fiesty and of this world. She raised 10 children, sometimes alone and worked when women generally didn't. She had red hair and a temper to go with it and she LOVED life. I cherished my visits with grandma and now every time I see a copy of "The Pokey Little Puppy" I think of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment